JOB DISCRIPTION AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS
The WASH/SNFIs project officer shall be responsible for implementing the WASH/SNFIs project in Mayendit/Pariang/Panyijiar county of Unity State by planning, implementing, monitor and evaluate the assigned WASH/SNFIs project with the support of Project officer, Field Coordination and M&E and project Coordination Manager. This involves assessing WASH/SNFIs needs, developing project implementation plans, effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. Providing technical support, to project assistants, hygiene promoters, and ensuring meeting quality standards in WASH/SNFIs delivery, ensuring beneficiary participation during project implementation, liaising with other stakeholders, managing and capacity enhancement of the WASH/SNFIs project assistants.
- Develop overall project implementation work plan with support from the field coordination, program coordinator and M&E manager.
- Ensure accountability and efficient budget utilization against physical targets achieved during project activity implementation.
- Take lead in conducting WASH/SNFIs needs assessments and ensure that project implementation is in line with the desired and/or identified beneficiary needs
- Work with project assistants in fashion that enhances their capacity to effectively implement the project activities.
- Regularly prepare and submit project implementation progress updates as required in accordance to the project reporting guidelines and procedures.
- Participate and represent project updates during stakeholders’ coordination meetings at the county and state as well contributing to cluster 5Ws timely submission.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to donor and Coalition for Humanity timeframes and formats in close collaboration and under the oversight of the line manager.
- Assist in formation and training of Water Source and Sanitation Committees (WSSCs) for all new water points constructed or rehabilitated by CH.
- To assist in the formation and training of Sanitation Committees (SCs), Community hygiene promoters (CHPs) for all new institutional latrines constructed or rehabilitated by CH.
- Participate in multi-sector needs assessment together with other sectors and prepare relevant sector reports.
- Represent CH at appropriate working groups, clusters, UN, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet the CH standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Representation of CH at meetings and through relationships with external partners (e.g. community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs)
University degree in Social Science/ Water Resources Management, Engineering, public health or higher diploma with extensive experience in WASH, Shelter NFI in Humanitarian Assistance Project. Water engineering is an added advantage.
3 years of post-qualification professional experience in a humanitarian/recovery context and specific experience in one or more Core Competencies: WASH/Shelter/NFI. Proven experience in preparing requests for Core Pipeline, experience in conducting WASH/Shelter/NFI need assessments. Experience in training hygiene promoters and engaging with the community in an emergency setting. Ability to work with a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- This position is based in Unity State at county Level County. The applicant must be a resident of the county they are applying either Mayendit, Panyijiar, or Pariang Counties. The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder maybe required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All applications to be send to email: email@example.com by 2nd December 2020
Indicate The position you’re applying for in the Subject line.
|Reports to||Field coordinator|
|Contract Type||Temporary Fixed term 6 months with possibility of extension|
|Job Grade||As per CH grading system|