JOB DESCRIPTION AND JOB SPECIFICATION
Job title: WASH/SNFIs Project Assistant
Job Location: 2 positions (Mayendit 1, Pariang 1)
Reports to: Project Officer
Job Grade: As CH grading system
Contract Type; Temporary Fixed term 6 months with the possibility of extension
The WASH/SNFIs project Assistant shall be responsible for implementing the WASH/SNFIs project in Mayendit/Pariang County of Unity State by supporting the project officers in planning, implementing, and monitor and evaluate the assigned WASH/SNFIs project. This involves assessing WASH/SNFIs needs, developing project implementation plans, effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. Working closely with hygiene promoters, and ensuring meeting quality standards in WASH/SNFIs delivery, ensuring beneficiary participation during project implementation, liaising with other stakeholders and mobilizing them.
- Carry out community mobilization in assigned locations and write a report highlighting feedback received from the beneficiaries
- With the support of Project officer participate in community consultation meetings, AAP and other committees’ formation
- Carry out regular assessments to identify WASH/NFI needs
- Ensure community sensitization on safe water handling and practices.
- Train Hygiene promoters and carry field activities jointly with them
- Verify that all reports and data submitted by Hygiene Promoters are accurate and complete.
- Ensure program is meetings pre-set objectives
- Ensure all materials and equipment orders are placed on time
- Ensure that tools and equipment are regularly maintained and are in good working condition.
- Review monthly stock reports to keep track of consumable material use and advise supervisor on any orders that will need to be made (equipment or consumable materials)
- Ensure all community-based management committees are adequately trained according to CH guidelines.
- Ensure all training are adequately documented (e.g. names of trainees)
- Represent CH externally
- Document all work and experiences including writing weekly reports
- University degree/ Diploma in Social Science/ Water Resources Management, public health or diploma with experience in WASH, Shelter NFI Humanitarian Assistance Project. Water engineering is an added advantage.
1year post-qualification professional experience in a humanitarian/recovery context and specific experience in one or more Core Competencies: WASH/Shelter/NFI. Proven experience in community mobilization, hygiene promotion, preparing request for Core Pipeline, experience in conducting WASH/Shelter/NFI need assessments. Experience in training hygiene promoters and engaging wide range of stakeholders at local levels.
- This position is based in Unity State at county Level County. The applicant must be a resident of the county they are applying either Mayendit, or Pariang. The job duties and responsibility as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder maybe required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All applications to be send to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2020
Indicate The position you’re applying for in the Subject line.