JOB DISCRIPTION AND JOB SPECIFICATION
Job title: Integrated WASH/SNFIs/FSL Protection/GBV Project Assistant
Job Location: 3 positions (Mayendit 1, Panyijiar and Pariang 1)
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Job Grade: As per CH internal grading system
Contract Type; Temporary Fixed term 6 months with the possibility of extension
The Protection/GBV project assistant will be responsible for integrating protection/ GBV activities in WASH/SNFIs/ FSL. The assistant will conduct assessments, GBV risk analysis, and document protection concerns related to WASH, FSL distribution and NFIs distribution. She will work under the direct guidance and supervision of Project officer. She will ensure provision of onsite GBV/Protection service for survivors and safely refer to partner agencies for further support. The position holder will provide psychosocial support, awareness raising activities, FGDs, KIIs and capacity building training for leaders including provision of information on available services.
This position reports to CH Field Coordinator.
- Conduct protection monitoring activities through FGD, KIIs, home visit and identify person with special needs within the community.
- Conduct GBV risk analysis and safety audits at Water Points, and distribution sites for NFI/Shelter, FSL and WASH NFIs.
- Ensure ongoing case management and documentation of protection violations.
- Advocate and create awareness in order to promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable people in the community.
- Follow up on cases and provide counseling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases;
- Assist in protection mainstreaming by providing insight in protection interventions for the PSN (Persons with Specific Needs) population.
- Participation in co-ordination meetings
- Produce accurate, detailed and timely reports highlighting objectives, achievements and impact on project activities.
- Performing other duties as and when require.
- Facilitate establishment of community-based protection mechanism and support for the vulnerable persons with specific needs.
- Ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are analyzed, compiled and submitted to the Protection Program Manager for sharing.
Diploma in (e.g., social science, gender studies, human rights, social work) or any other field. Certificates on social work, counseling, SGBV, PSS, PFA or any other related field is desirable.
- b) Experience
Minimum of 1-2 years’ previous job experience related to General protection and GBV. Demonstrated experience working directly with communities who are PSNs. MUST have a demonstrated understanding of key principles of community engagement. Experiences on SGBV, CP, PSS, PFA and women and community empowerment. Training and capacity building experience, particularly using participatory techniques for training related to community-based protection mechanisms.
- This position is based in Unity State at the county level County. The applicant must be a resident of the county they are applying either Mayendit, Panyijiar, or Pariang. The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder maybe required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All applications to be sent to email: email@example.com by 2nd December 2020
Indicate The position you’re applying for in the Subject line.