About Coalition for Humanity
Coalition for Humanity (CH) is a Not for Profit organization, committed to finding lasting solutions to humanitarian and development challenges facing the people of South Sudan. it’s part of our strategic plan to continuously integrate humanitarian response approaches with sustainable development programming. Our mission is to save lives, alleviate suffering, built resilience of the vulnerable people, through our programmes in Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation, Protection/GBV, WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Health and Nutrition programs and our strategies like community capacity building, Social Behaviour Change Communication, market linkages, advocacy and governance to enhance contextualized innovative solutions for service delivery in Emergency Response and Sustainable development in South Sudan.
About M&E and Project Coordination Manager’s position
Coalition for Humanity is seeking to hire an M&E and Project Coordination manager who will report to the head of programmes. He /She will be in charge of assisting our Project officers and managers in organizing and implementation of our ongoing projects. This involves project planning, project implementation, project monitoring and evaluation. He /She will be responsible for ensuring all projects are implemented and reports submitted to the donor in time. To be successful as an M&E Project Coordination Manager, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in project management, monitoring, and evaluation, data analysis, proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and other web based applications, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
M&E and Project Coordination Manager’s Responsibilities:
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Guiding field officers and managers on donor/ partner expectations, development, implementing and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Consistent follow-up and support supervision for project officers in the field.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder and cluster meetings, Documenting, and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary reports and presentation materials for cluster meetings
- Maintaining 5W reporting
- Supporting in project development through the writing of concept papers and proposals for funding.
- Developing data collection and analysis tools. E.g FGDs and surveys.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as shall be assigned by the supervisor
M&E and Project Coordination Manager’s qualifications
- Experience in both emergency and resilience programs
- Experience in any 3 of the following fields. Food security and livelihoods, WASH, Health and Nutrition, Protection, Gender-based violence, Peacebuilding, governance, and conflict transformation.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management or M&E
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Qualifications in M&E, Project management is an added advantage.
M&E and Project Coordination Manager’s competencies and abilities
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in computer packages, exceptional skills in data handling.
- Experience in project reporting
- Knowledge in file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
M&E and Project Coordination Manager’s behavioral characteristics
- A strong commitment to CH’s purpose, a broad understanding of the work culture in the “Humanitarian” sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility and a commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Ability to influence and support colleagues in appreciating the importance of financial Standards, procedures, and controls;
- Must demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to gender issues
- Excellent in time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to mentor colleagues and share knowledge and experiences
- The expected start date is August 1st 2020
- This is a full-time position, starting with a one-year contract. Extension depends on the availability of donor funding.
The position is based in Juba, South Sudan with 40% travel to the counties for project support.