JOB DESCRIPTION AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Job title: Food Security and Livelihood Project Officer Assistant.
Job Location: (Mayendit 1 Position)
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Job Grade: As per CH internal grading system
Contract Type; Temporary Fixed term 6 months with possibility of extension
The FSL Project assistant will work with the Food Security and Livelihood officer to ensure distribution of emergency food, and livelihood inputs. He / She will support the implementation of project activities in Mayendit County. The program assistant is responsible for community mobilization, sensitization and AAP committee formation, and documentation of activities.
- Identification of distribution sites in consultations with beneficiaries.
- Community mobilization and sensitization during distribution
- Awareness creation and passing of climate resilience farming information to households
- Support the sensitization of key stakeholders, targeted communities and participate in identification and registration of households’ beneficiaries for the emergency livelihood response project support.
- Support the preparation of monthly plans, project reports, distribution reports and post distribution monitoring reports.
- Support the documentation during agricultural farm inputs distribution to the registered and verified vulnerable affected population targeted for the emergency livelihood response intervention.
- Support the training of beneficiary households on best practices to increase crop production, fish production and vegetable production among the targeted vulnerable populations.
- Support the effective implementation of covid-19 pandemic specific activities in line the cluster recommended guideline to prevent transmission and infection amongst the targeted beneficiaries.
- Support distribution of crop, vegetable seeds and farm inputs to households.
- Ensure all trainings are adequately documented (e.g. names of trainees, photos)
- Support in preparation and conducting of post distribution survey
Degree or Diploma qualification in Agriculture/ crop husbandry/ community development, / social sciences related field.
Minimum of 1-year post-progressive experience of working in FSL, including prior NGO based experience
Experience in community mobilization and stakeholder engagement to promote active participation.
- This position is based in Unity State at county level County. The applicant must be a resident of Mayendit, county. The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All applications to be sent to email: email@example.com by 2nd December 2020
Indicate The position you’re applying for in the Subject line.