JOB DESCRIPTION AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Job title: Food Security and Livelihood Project Officer
Job Location: (Mayendit 1 Position)
Reports to: M&E and Project Coordination Manager.
Job Grade: As per CH internal grading system
Contract Type; Temporary Fixed term 6 months with possibility of extension
The FSL officer will work with the Food Security and Livelihood assistant to ensure the distribution of emergency food, and livelihood inputs. He / She will lead the implementation of project activities in Mayendit County. The project officer is responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation of FSL activities at the county level. The officer will report directly to M&E and Project Coordination Manager.
- Take lead in planning, budgeting and implementation of Food Security and Livelihood activities in Mayendit County
- Identification, registration and verification of the targeted beneficiaries in accordance with the vulnerability criteria set by the emergency livelihood response project in collaboration with the field enumerators and mobilizers.
- Provide inputs to the preparation of high-level project implementation reports in accordance to the donor reporting guidelines and timelines.
- Coordinate with the logistics team to put in place farm input supply request and ensure accountability during distribution
- Training of beneficiary households on best practices to increase crop production, fish production and vegetable production among the targeted vulnerable populations.
- Training of farmers in climate-resilient agriculture, seed preparation and seed production
- Prepare monthly plans, project reports, distribution reports and post-distribution monitoring reports.
- Supervise extension workers, Project Assistants, and community volunteers (Enumerators, crowd controllers, local guards, splitters) to ensure smooth implementation of the project activities according to the approved work plan and budgets
- Contribute effectively to building positive working relationships with key partners for integration of intervention and local government authorities in the project location.
- Actively engage the project beneficiaries through active consultation and participation to promote accountability and ownership of the project benefits.
Degree in Agriculture/ crop husbandry/ community development, / social sciences related field.
Minimum of 3 years post-qualification professional experience working in FSL, including prior FAO, SSHF project experience is an added advantage.
Experience in community mobilization and stakeholder engagement to promote active participation.
Ability to work as a team member or independently with minimum supervision
Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to produce good written reports
- This position is based in Mayendit County, Unity State at county level. The applicant must be a resident of Mayendit County. The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder maybe required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All applications to be send to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2020
Indicate The position you’re applying for in the Subject line.