JOB DESCRIPTION AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Job title: Field Admin/Finance Assistant
Job Location: (Leer 1 Position)
Reports to: Head of Operations
Job Grade: As per CH internal grading system
Contract Type; Temporary Fixed term 6 months with the possibility of extension
The Admin & Finance Assistant will provide professional support to all CH departments with regards to finance and accounting. The Finance & Admin Assistant will be part of CH’s dynamic team contributing to the effective and efficient financial management process. Ensure appropriate record of all financial transactions, support the project team and the field level with regards to project Financial reporting to ensure that project funds are spent within the agreed budgets and appropriate records of the same are maintained.
- Tracking of outstanding advances and prompt follow up of overdue Financial Reports
- Perform week cash counts in the field and generate reports on the same.
- Maintain auditable records of all expenditures reviewed against source documents in the field.
- Timely and accurate payments with full compliance with CH rules & regulations;
- Management of Cash receipts. Money received is timely recorded and reported on.
- Timely accounts closure;
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and documents;
- Handling ad-hoc inquiries on payments and other financial transactions;
- Provision of necessary administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the Unit;
- Contribution to lessons learned and best practices in Programme finance, in support of knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Assist in field-level budget preparation
- Keep confidential information confidential and act with utmost discretion and dignity.
- Ensure effective management of service contracts at the field level.
A Degree or diploma in Accounting & Finance or any business-related course. Thorough knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles; Good analytical skills and results orientation, Skills to manage relationships and communicate.
A minimum of 1 years’ experience in finance and Accounting preferably within an NGO setting. Experience in financial reporting requirements, budget preparation, and financial reporting. Must have excellent communication skills (verbal & Written), have proficiency in computer applications especially Microsoft packages.
- This position is based in Unity State at the county level County. The applicant must be a resident of Leer, county. The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder maybe required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All applications to be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd December 2020
Indicate The position you’re applying for in the Subject line.